Lightning protection for buildings is a key for wide range of businesses in oil and gas industry and the companies should follow the safety and compliance guidelines all the time.
Lightning strike can occur at any time and can cause damage to any size of buildings. They can also cause substantial downtime that can result in unexpected expenses and high costs. Taking some extra time to invest in lightning protection in Austin for buildings can minimize the chance of damage from lightning storm. Here are some factors you should always keep in mind when considering lightning protection for buildings.
Types of Lightning Strike
- Before you invest in lightning protection system, it is very important to understand different types of lightning strikes.
- A side flash happens whenever a bolt of lightning strikes a tall object and a part of it goes to a person nearby like if anyone is taking cover underneath a tree.
- Direct strikes occur when a person or building is struck directly by lightning. These strikes are most deadly type of, but not so common one.
- Conduction strike can occur when a person is in contact with any metal object inside a building.
- Ground currents are another deadly one of lightning strike as much of the energy is dissipated in the ground near the vicinity of lightning strike.
Costs of Lightning Strike
Lightning strike can cause damage to any buildings which can lead to substantial repair costs. According to the statistics, it can cause around 26,000 fires that damages property each year as these costs range between 5 and 6 billion dollars.
You can reduce the risk of damage by investing in lightning protection equipment.
Lightning Protection Equipment
The best investment for any company in oil and gas industry is equipment that specializes in lightning protection. Lightning bolt can occur anytime and it is important that your entire facility is protected from any strike.
Protection system for buildings is a small investment that can save your company a substantial amount of money and give you peace of mind.
Contact Lone Star Lightning
Lighting protection for nay building is a very important investment in oil and gas industry.
Lightning strikes can cause substantial damages but choosing the right partner like Lone Star Lightning will keep your buildings and equipment protected from storms. Why choose us?
- We provide 24×7 emergency call out
- We guarantee to deliver projects on specified time and within budget
- We ensure the clients get competitive fees, excellent customer service and rapid response
- We customize our services and work according to customer’s needs
- Our professional personnel and highly qualified experts ensure customer driven service
- All the projects are installed and designed to meet or exceed the most stringent national safety standards
We are one-stop solutions for prevention, detection and protection against lightning. We have years of experience and specializes in a wide range of lightning protection services. Our comprehensive and analytical hypothesis has made us the most technologically advanced companies in this sector.
We have patented innovative technology that considers every angle from risk diagnosis to lightning forecasting, detection and protection.